MG Magnetts, etc

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: MG Magnetts, etc
From: jack@lucent.com (Jack Feldman)
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 1997 09:02:46 -0600
Great thread. Dont forget the Renault Dauphine for royalty. Studebaker
had a Hawk, which was a 2 door "sporty" car. And of course for cars with
nubmers, don't forget the Jaguars.

>When American used place names for cars, they picked place names with
>grit, so to speak. The Pontiac LeMans! Compare that to the Austin
>Cambridge or Somerset.

Not accurate. The first car I owned was an Austin Somerset, bought while
taking an enforced vacation in France (Our uncle gave me transportation,
funny looking clothes, 3 dubious meals a day, and $98. a month). My wife
now drives an 86 Buick Somerset, not very gritty!

Lastly, Remember the Wolsey! I don't know which company made it, but
it was a saloon. Only the Brits would name a car after an obsure
15th century Cardinal. (I wait to be corrected)!

Jack