Re: towing rig

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: towing rig
From: "Larry Macy, Ph.D." <macy@bbl.psycha.upenn.edu>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 1997 07:36:02 -0700 (MST)
At 07:32 PM 2/10/97, you wrote:

>howdy folks,
>       i've got a bit of a delemnia here. i'm gonna be making a big move
>fairly soon (maybe a month or so) and i have three different vehicals,
>one of them being my mg midget. i also have a jeep that i figure i could
>fix up a tow hitch on. my question is: is there a tow bar made
>specifically for an mg midget that i could puchase to work with any
>standard towing hitch? thanx a bunch.
>
>glen christian
>

>I don't know if you want to buy or rent but when we moved from Arkansas to
PA we rented one of those front wheel trailers from either Ryder or U-haul
and set it up for the narrowest range, dropped the drive shaft and away we
went. Worked great. Unfortunately they are too wide (or the Midget too
narrow) for the rear end to fit.  Make sure you disconnect the drive shaft
as it will turn the diff and tranny if you don't. I disconnected it from the
diff and tied it up out of the way.  Hope this helps.

Larry Macy, Ph.D.
78 Midget

PS I have a friend that ramped a midget into the back of a full sized
pickup. It fit.