Re: Movie Cars

To: John McEwen <mmcewen@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca>, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Movie Cars
From: Paul Hunt <on76@dial.pipex.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 97 20:14:06 GMT
> Did anyone catch the first episode of "The 450 from Paddington" on the
> Agatha Christie "Miss Marple" series?  This weeks episode featured a =
very
> nice red MGTF.  In addition there was a black Austin Somerset taxi and
> another black Austin Cambridge as well as the usual Wolseley police car=
s.

The father of the girl who used to cut my hair is the restoration and hir=
ings
manager at BMIHT Gaydon.  They loan various cars for TV, films etc includ=
ing a
Wolseley Police car for a Miss Marple program.  The only problem was it =
didn't
have a radio any more and the program called for one.  He took a plastic =
holder
for a toilet deodoriser, the sort that hangs over the side of the pan, =
painted
it mottled brown and knotted a length of army surplus radio cable between=
 it
and the dashboard.  Never told anyone and no-one commented.

PaulH
73 Roadster (HD&H)
75 V8 (DD)