Re: Names and all that sort of thing

To: Ross MacPherson <arm@unix.infoserve.net>
Subject: Re: Names and all that sort of thing
From: nolan penney <npenney@concentric.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 1997 09:16:02 -0800
>   Can you say Cosworth?  I knew that you could.  Don't pooh-pooh LBC 4
> bangers till you take a Super-7 out and blow the proverbial doors of that
> same kid in the Nova on the straights and then pass a 911 in a curve.  True,
> they don't roar but they do scream.... literaly and figuratively.

Oh I'm not pooh-poohing little four bangers, or big four bangers.  I've got one
now that will hit 60
mph from a standstill before you can scream "oh S***!  True, it is a motorcycle
:-)  And I've taken
a little 3 banger up to 160 mph several times.  Another motorcycle, I confess.

However, there definately is something to the rumble and feel of a v-8, or a
v-12 for that matter.
My fathers Mustang has a rumble that no Triumph or Lotus is going to match.
And a torque force
that only comes with lots of rotating mass.

I think it appeals on the testosterone level. <g>