Re: Movies- the Fred and Ginger Connection

To: bleckstein@monmouth.com
Subject: Re: Movies- the Fred and Ginger Connection
From: miker15@juno.com (MICHAEL J ROBSON)
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 1997 12:03:09 EST
On Sat, 15 Feb 1997 08:54:13 -0500 Leckstein <bleckstein@monmouth.com>
writes:
>At 07:51 AM 2/15/97 -0500, Trmgafun@aol.com wrote:
>>In a message dated 97-02-13 15:43:36 EST, you write:
>>
>><< Jim, my favorite movie, and sing "Night and Day (you are the one)"
>  In" TopHat", the follow up movie (sing I'm in Heaven,  Dancing Cheek
>Cheek) the same basic story is repeated with the same actors. Rhoads
plays an
>Italian dress designer who wants to marry Rogers. That movie may be
slightly
>better then Gay Divorcee as it has music by Irving Berlin. Your wife
would
>agree that Rogers "feather dress" is the most beautiful ever worn by a
movie
>star. The dance sequence in this dress had to be repeated a zillion
>timesas feathers kept on flying off onto Astaire's Tuxedo.  The movie
lacks
>onlyone thing, an MG scene.
>
>Mike Leckstein

And dont forget "Carefree" - MY personal favourite - No LBC content and
again, the same basic story but the song "change Partners" is probably
one of the finest ever written - or sung/acted - watch Freds' eyes! and
the dancing in the dream sequence is as good as you will ever see (and
believe me, Im NOT a dancing sort of bloke!) - quite magical!

mike robson
69 roadster
70 BGT
72 roadster