Pick-ups

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Pick-ups
From: britcars@juno.com
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 1997 12:22:50 EST
The recent story about a Fiat's changed parking place reminded me of an
incident in London in 1962. I played rugby for a Southern Railway team
and attended the end-of season celebration in a pub situated on a quiet,
one-way street. At "closing time", all of us spilled out into the street,
most feeling rather merry. A chap in a Mini drove down the street and had
the audacity to beep his horn at us, definitely not the thing to do to a
bunch of rowdy rugby players! It didn't take long for the group to
surround the Mini, pick it up, then set it down facing the wrong way
round in the one-way street. I don't remember if he proceeded to back the
right way or drive the wrong way but I'll never forget the expression on
his face as he realised the nature of his predicament!

Lawrie