Advive on trueing wires

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Advive on trueing wires
From: bobd@npsinc.com (Bob Dallas)
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 1997 06:54:53 -0600
I need some advice on trueing wire wheels.  I have a couple of spare wire
wheels that I tried to true. I mounted them on the front hub of my B and
checked the wobble and roundness. If I check at the location where the wire
nipples connect to the rim - there is no wobble nor out of roundness.
However, if I check the rim at the location where the tire seals against the
rim, there is some deviation in both roundness and wobble. This indicates to
me that these rims are bent and I question if they can be trued? Questions,
at what location on the rim do you check and can bent rims be trued?