Re: Upholstery and new supplier

To: miker15@juno.com (MICHAEL J ROBSON), dhw@atomic.net
Subject: Re: Upholstery and new supplier
From: "Robert C. Galli" <rcgalli@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 1997 07:52:08 -0600
At 23:35 2/11/97 EST, MICHAEL J ROBSON wrote:

> Now the question of the day...
>>Would those who have re-covered their seats themselves do it again or
>>would you have it done professionaly?

Greetings:

Did my 78 B a couleyears ago w/ Moss covers.  Used the wrong glue and had
to replace the 1st seatback.  Moss chastized me for not using their glue(I
never found it in their catalogue) but they kindly split a set and sent me
the back cover only for 1/2 price of the set.  I am pleased with the
quality of the materials.  Having done it myself (1st time ever), I am also
pleased with the workmanship (well,most of it).  VB had a nice color insert
on upholstering in one of their catalogues which was very helpful.  I don't
think it was all that difficult and would do it again if needed.  Keep in
mind the recommendation to use strips of plastic along the shoulders and
sides of the seat back to make sliding the cover down a loteasier.

Regards,
Bob Galli
'78 MGB 'BGMGB1'