Re: Solid Wheels.

To: Geoff Love <engconn@infi.net>
Subject: Re: Solid Wheels.
From: Rick Hoefle <NamasteRH@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 1997 18:21:46 -0500
Geoff Love wrote:

> Does anyone know of any person or company offering solid wheel truing
> services?  I am particularly thinking of the disc wheels used on the MG
> TD and TF motorcars.  Has anyone had any experience of being able to
> 'restore' buckled or out of round disc wheels?  All contributions
> gratefully received.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Geoff Love, The English Connection.

Geoff:
A friend recently began letting me have his copies of Roundel (the BMW
magazine) when he finishes with them and, lo and behold, therein is the
answer to your question.  They had a very good article about a place
called the Wheel Collision Center, Bath PA.  They do everything from
cosmetic work to straightening the mangled and repairing the broken.

Wheels are all they do, so I would certainly look into this.  Their
turnaround (according to the article) seems to be typically 2 days.

Sorry, no address or phone.

Good luck!
--

Rick Hoefle 1964 Tiger B9470508 - HIS