RE: Brake bias/proportion?

To: mgs <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Brake bias/proportion?
From: "REICHLE, CHRISTOPHER" <CREICHLE@nsc.msmail.miami.edu>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 1997 15:04:00 -0800 (PST)
When people talk about brake lines calapsing they do not mean that they just
calapse and you cannot gravity feed brake fluid through them. They mean that
when the master pulls fluid back, the brake line calapses preventing the
brake fluid returning to the master. Sorta like when your trying to suck an
ice cold milk shake through a straw and the straw calapses. Stop sucking on
the straw and it opens up again. So, this could still be your problem.

Another possibility is water in the caliper. Although, you are using
silicone, water may have entered the system somehow. As you brake the
caliper heats up until the water boils off producing vapor which can cause
binding but usually just creates a mysterious spongy pedal which disappears
when the calipers cool down.

The third possibility is that you rebuilt your calipers with new seals but
did not replace a worn piston which could be binding. I would say that your
best and cheapest bet would be to replace the front hoses and rebleed the
system. The warning light is a good clue that maybe someone else could pick
up on. Maybe there is a problem in the master.

Chris Reichle