Re: Brake bias/proportion?

To: howersl@ttown.apci.com
Subject: Re: Brake bias/proportion?
From: GOFASTMG@aol.com
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 1997 14:09:51 -0500 (EST)
Scott,
  this may sound weird or crazy, but check the clearance on the mechanical
brake light switch.  If it is too tight, the pedal will not allow the M/C to
return fully, keeping the front brakes "on " slightly. As they heat up, the
fluid expands, more pressure etc.
  I had a similar problem right after rebuilding my 72 BGT. and like to went
nuts trying to find the problem. New lines, M/C rebuilt, new pads- the whole
9 yards.
  I finally called John Twist and he suggested the brake light switch. I re
adjusted it and haven't had the problem since.

Rick Morrison