Re: Care and Feeding of new MGA

To: gaughan@highway1.com
Subject: Re: Care and Feeding of new MGA
From: barneymg@juno.com (Barney Gaylord)
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 1997 14:51:14 EST
On Sat, 22 Feb 1997 14:28:52 -0500 gaughan@highway1.com (Bob Gaughan)
writes:

>I'll be purchasing an MGA in the Southeast and having it transported up
to Massachusetts in March.

>1.)  When I see it, if I like it, I plan on buying it and having it
transported.  Does it make sense to give him a check for the full amount,
get the title and rely on him to have it available to be transported at
some future date.  In other words, is there a better way of doing it.

Best to be prepared to take posession of the vehicle at the time you pay
for it.  If you leave it on the sellers premises for any length of time
there is some risk of loss.  If you are contemplating this you should
have the arrangement in writing and be sure that the seller has insurance
to cover it in case of loss while in his hands.  Weather you pay all or
part of the price in advance or at delivery is irrelevant.  You may want
to pay all up front and secure the title.  If the seller doesn't have
insurance to cover it on his own property, you have the right to insure
it on his property after you have title to it..

Disclaimer:  I ain't no lawyer and I said so, so I ain't liable for being
wrong.

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA