Re: Seals/Suppliers

To: joseph_cianciotti@ccmail_gw.gmosf.com
Subject: Re: Seals/Suppliers
From: todd@nutria.nrlssc.navy.mil (Todd Mullins)
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 1997 09:55:33 -0600 (CST)
joseph_cianciotti@ccmail_gw.gmosf.com writes:

> 1)  Is there a supplier who has better rubber parts than Moss?

Nearly every rubber piece I've bought from Moss has dried up and cracked
within a year.  I now buy all of my rubber pieces from TRF; they seem to
be MUCH better.

In general, of the Big Three (VB, Moss, TRF), TRF seems to be the one
most interested in the Quality side of the Quality/Price equation.  They
like to boast about this in their newsletters quite a bit.  Everything
I've ever purchased from them (which, admittedly, isn't a lot) has been
absolutely top-rank, and they're now my first choice when it's time to
run the credit card slalom.

> 2)  I've heard that all the suppliers get their parts from the same
> manufacturers so it really doesn't matter who I order from (other than the
> obvious differences in price, service, etc.). Is this true?

Not likely.

--

Todd Mullins
Todd.Mullins@nrlssc.navy.mil    On the lovely Mississippi (USA) Coast

'74 MGB Tourer in pieces (but getting there)
'72 MGB Tourer parts-o-rama

"I could go at any time..."