Re: 6V to 12V battery conversion

To: mpowell@cstone.net
Subject: Re: 6V to 12V battery conversion
From: TRIFARI@aol.com
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 1997 19:01:35 -0500 (EST)

<< 'm thinking of putting a single 12V battery in my '74 B roadster--the DPO
 has already sort of made this conversion but by means of a huge 12V battery
 in the trunk.  I'd like to put a battery in the right-hand battery
 compartment behind the seat, but don't know what size will fit.  Has anyone
 done this, and if so could you recommend a battery size that fits in there?

I have a Group 26 12 volt battery in one of the 6-v slots in my 1955 Healey
BN1.  Battery is mounted behind teh seat just like an MGA.  Group 26 is about
the smallest 12-v battery I've seen for cars and can be found at Sears.  John
Trifari  1955 BN1/1980 MGB/ex MGA owner