Re: 77 MGB master cylinder

To: wise@db.erau.edu
Subject: Re: 77 MGB master cylinder
From: GOFASTMG@aol.com
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 1997 13:01:31 -0500 (EST)

<<  am trying to replace the reservoir on the master cylinder on my 77 B.
 The phillips(?) head screws are much bigger that any philipps screwdriver I
 have and the screws are really tight.

 Has any one ever replaced the reservoir?  Do I need to get the entire
 master clyinder out of the car and soak the screws with penetating oil?
 Are these screws the "non-philips" head (can't recall the name) that I have
 seen in a few catelogs?  Do I need to get one of those special
 screwdrivers?  And is so, what size?   A colleague at work suggested that
 they are not screws at all - but rivets.   Any suggestions??

They  aren't rivets, but definitaly screws.

 When I removed a reservoir on a spare MC prior to rebuilding, I used a #3
Phillip screwdriver (availible where all good tools are sold).  A good
overnight soaking in penetrating oil won't hurt either.

  The Screws may in fact be Pozi-drive, I'm not sure, but I was able to use
the above Phillips.

Rick Morrison