Re: Thrust washers et al

To: todd@nutria.nrlssc.navy.mil
Subject: Re: Thrust washers et al
From: GOFASTMG@aol.com
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 1997 13:09:20 -0500 (EST)

<< I'm no Midge guy, but it's my understanding that the 1296 Midge
 engine is the BMC A Series, >>
Todd,

  The last of the "A" series engines in the Midget was the 1275, fitted til
the end of 74 model year.

In 75, JRT as they were then, in their infinite wisdom born of a heavy
Triumph upper management, decided to use a "corporate" engine in the two
smaller sports cars, the Spit**re and the Midget and (being Triumph oriented)
opted for the less reliable 1500 engine fitted then to the Spit.  There was
also some talk about the 1275 not being able to pass US emissions regs.

 So, yes it is politically correct to blame the 1500 on Triumph.

Rick Morrison

74 Midget (last of the good 'uns)  :>)