[hershfld@email.unc.edu: Valve Stem Seals / Tach VS. OD Speed Check..!]

To: mgs
Subject: [hershfld@email.unc.edu: Valve Stem Seals / Tach VS. OD Speed Check..!]
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 1997 03:10:42 -0700 (MST)

This was sent to the wrong address, rather than @autox.team.net

mjb.
----

     Date:      Wed, 12 Mar 1997 22:11:15 -0500 (EST)
     From: Joanne Hershfield/Jim Fink <hershfld@email.unc.edu>
     Subject: Valve Stem Seals / Tach VS. OD Speed Check..!

Regarding seals, My machine shop uses the Teflon Umbrella type seals on
MGB HEads, they are a standard seal that they have, the top of the guides
get knurled to fit them, but then they used CHEVY Guides $ 5.00 and had to
shorten them anyway, so no big sweat on the knurling thing as they were on
the lathe anyway.., I guess a lathe,,  I did have my head done 9 months
anyway, whats a little oil burn on startup, I tend to see that anyway,
even with seals on a fresh new engine...

I have gone so long on back roads without a speedometer I would like a
calibration refresher....

anyone out there with an OverDrive MGB can refresh me on what the MPH's
are at 3500, 4000, & 4500 Rpm in OVerdrive, I have pretty standard
diameter tires....

Thanks..
Jim Fink