Re: Electric Fuel Pumps

To: jack@ihcmail.ih.lucent.com, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Electric Fuel Pumps
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 1997 11:30:34 -0500 (EST)

<< I plan to put an electric fuel pump that I got from Whitney's on my C.
 One of the club members that uses this type of pump said that they go
 bad after a few years, and that you can tell because the clicking gets
 louder when they go bad. Anyone have experience with these inexpensive
 (~$32.) pumps. >>

I bought a pump from JC Whitney about 4 years ago for my TR6. I can't be
sure, but from your description, it sounds like the same one. It has never
failed me, but once in a while, it goes into a clicking frenzy. Instead of
the usual click-----click------click, etc, it goes clickclickclickclick etc.
This usually lasts for about 30 seconds and then settles back into the
routine. I carry a spare with me just in case.

(just to be sure we are talking about the same pump - mine is round, about 2'
dia by 4'. they also sell a smaller, square pump. that is the one I carry for
a spare, but I have never used it.)

Dan Masters,
Alcoa, TN