Re: Electric Fuel Pumps

To: dfdarby@juno.com
Subject: Re: Electric Fuel Pumps
From: dmeadow@juno.com
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 1997 13:16:13 EST
The answer is yes, you can put the fuel pumps "in-line."  I know people
that use exactly the setup you describe.  If the SU fails, they just
switch the wires to the other pump.  If I recall, one individual already
has the backup wired with a switch, so when (not if) the SU fails, all he
does is switch it off and switch on the backup.  Since I enjoy crawling
under the car by the roadside with semis flashing by, I use the old
method of carrying an extra pump ;-)

David Littlefield
Houston, TX