Show Me The Money -Reply

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Show Me The Money -Reply
From: Kenneth Scott <KSCOTT@holycross.edu>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 1997 11:59:19 -0500
Rick,
        IMHO, unless you have a really rare car, don't expect to get the
cost of a really fine rebuild back.
        I bought a mechanically good but aesthetically challanged 77
MGB.  (no rubber bumper comments here, I really like them!!!).  I spent
$4600 on a very good (not pristine) restore.  I have a daily driver that
looks almost like a new car.  I have spent other thousands on minilites,
Weber conversion, O/D conversion, etc. etc.  I will never get this back
and don't care.  I have put 65,000 miles on it and had much fun.
        If you have to buy a LOT of parts, you may not even break even.
        Just my $0.02 worth.
Ken Scott
77 MGB