Re: Cold Red Light

To: ragthyme@fls.infi.net, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Cold Red Light
From: RJohn50603@aol.com
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 1997 18:26:12 -0500 (EST)
In a message dated 97-03-17 10:47:30 EST, ragthyme@fls.infi.net (ckr) writes:

<< When my MGB starts in cold weather, the red dash indicator (alternator)
 comes on, and stays on (nearly as I can tell) until the choke cuts out.
 It waxes and wanes in intensity, depending (absurdly enough) on how hard
 I'm punching the throttle ... more punch, less glow; less punch, more
 glow. (!!!)  It's also worse at night, when I have the lights on, though
 it does happen during the day.  This only happens when the temp is
 below about 35F, and, oddly enough, totally goes away when the car has
 warmed up.  It doesn't otherwise seem to affect performance (though the
 car backfires like bloody hell when it's cold). >>

TIA,

How about starting by adjusting the fan belt and possibly replacing it too.

R. Johnson - Dallas

'90 Maine Coon
'79 Midget
'76 Midget