Re: Cold Red Light -Reply

To: Dan_Hughes@troweprice.com, ecowen@cln.etc.bc.ca, Matt.Kulka@hboc.com
Subject: Re: Cold Red Light -Reply
From: Larryhoy@aol.com
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 1997 17:01:01 -0500 (EST)
Hi Dan, from a guy who has had 3 remanufactured alternators in his B (that's
another story), I think you are ok.  My experiance is, they work or they
don't.  Unless of course your belt is loose.  If you are not generating, or
is that alternating (?), enought electricity you'll run out of battery.

Your horn takes more amps than just about anything on the car.  A good test
is honk your horn with your engine running, if you get a sick honk or no honk
at all you may have a problem.  If you car is otherwise in good shape it may
continue to start long after an alternator goes out.

Larry Hoy
1969 MGB