Vacuum Advance

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Vacuum Advance
From: "ken hedges" <khedges@wkpower.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 1997 08:04:05 -0800
I just read in the April/May issue of British car, an article regarding the
working of a distributor.

The article make mention that the vacuum advance can be made to operate by
sucking on the pipe coming from the carb, at which time the plate on which
the points are mounted will move thus advancing the points.  (The car is
not running at this point, and the distributor cap removed).

I tried this on my unit last night, and no movement was observed.  I do
remember last year when rebuilding, the the lever that went to the
distributor was very stiff.

Question    Has anyone had any first hand experience with this, before I
take the distributor out and fit a new vacuum unit?

Ken

75B