Re: Gas consumption

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Gas consumption
From: rdonahue@holli.com (Robert J. Donahue)
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 1997 22:21:18 -0700 (MST)
In the same vein, never never siphon gas by mouth. When I was young I was
siphonning gas with a plain hose. The gas gushed out just as I was inhaling.
The result was gas down my windpipe and stomach. My windpipe locked up tight
and I almost passed out. Not a pleasent experience. After a period of
desperate gasping, my breathing retuned to normal. I went about my merry way
the rest of the day belching gasoline fumes. Well what can I say? I was a
teenager at the time.

>Rick wrote:
>
> ... One safety point here.  Don't use you mouth to draw on the unit/tube.
>the reason being is that in some cases, for various reasons, raw gasoline
>will settle in the vacuum side of the diaphragm and when you suck on the
>unit, you can get a mouthful of gas.  And that ain't good for your health!
>
>I know that I have tasted my share of gas over the years but have
>experienced no negative effects except maybe my preference for LBC's
>
>Bill Eastman
>61 MGA

Bob Donahue, Still Stuck in the '50s
rdonahue@holli.com
53 MG-TD under DIY restoration
71 MGB still in shop, 17 months and counting