Re: Road America Vintage Racing Schedule??

To: dwoerpel@wi.net
Subject: Re: Road America Vintage Racing Schedule??
From: Trmgafun@aol.com
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 1997 06:40 -0500 (EST)
--Boundary (ID 5GZvOa6/b2toDcWxgvYw4Q)

<<  I went to the VSCDA event at Road America last year and Triumphs were the
 > featured marque.  A friend and I drove his TR8 from South Bend to the
event
 > and even got a chance to drive the car on the track.  Talk about
 > exhilarating!!  We were out there on the track with some of the vintage
 > racers, MG's, Healey's, Jaguars, (anyone who wanted to pay the fee and
sign a
 > waiver got on the track for 5 or 6 laps) we felt like were really tearing
up
 > the track until we got passed up by an older gentleman driving a TR3A, he
 > looked as though he was out on a Sunday drive.  A low blow for my friend
and
 > his TR8!!
 >
 > Scott
 The TR3A wasn't light blue with eyeball-like headlights was it?  That
 would be Bill Dettinger of the Beadyeye Racing Team; usually shows up w/
 bagpipes and replaces his steering wheel w/ bicycle handlebars when
 parked and his helmet is copied of Nigel Mansell's.  What a character!
 Glad you enjoyed! Dave >>

Ya, I've seen Bill and his car, I thinkd he also has a flourescent orange
slow moving vehicle triangle on the rear of his car, he's part of what makes
this hobby so interesting, the cars and the people behind the cars.  A couple
of years ago (I think it was Bill) he had what looked like a size 80 DDD
womans brazeer(sp) hanging over his car for some reason.  But this wasn't his
car.  This TR3A was Powder Blue and stock, we talked to the gentleman after
the event, he showed us his car and it was completely stock.  He may have had
overdrive though, I can't remember.

Scott

--Boundary (ID 5GZvOa6/b2toDcWxgvYw4Q)

RFC-822-headers:
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 1997 06:40:27 -0500 (EST)
From: Trmgafun@aol.com
Sender: owner-healeys@autox.team.net
To: dwoerpel@wi.net
Cc: Healeys@autox.team.net, mgs@autox.team.net

--Boundary (ID 5GZvOa6/b2toDcWxgvYw4Q)--