'74B Heater removal

To: "MG List" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: '74B Heater removal
From: mpowell@cstone.net (Mike Powell)
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 1997 02:37:42 -0400
It's a little late seeing as winter's pretty much over, but I'd like to
take the heater assembly out of my '74 B and get it cleaned up and try to
unseize the divider or whatever that directs the lukewarm air to the floor
or to the windshield.  I tried to do this a couple of months ago and
couldn't for the life of me get it out.  I managed to break the seal where
it goes through the firewall and lift it an inch or so, but there didn't
seem to be enough clearance around the cowl panel to remove it.
Complicating matters was the fact that I couldn't remove the control cable
that goes into the heater assembly and it was probably getting hung up as I
tried to pull the assembly out.  Any suggestions?

Mike Powell
Charlottesville, VA