Speedometer repair

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Speedometer repair
From: Montefrank@aol.com
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 1997 10:09:13 -0400 (EDT)
The speedometer has always had a wavering needle, but I could tell pretty
closely how fast I was going.  The needle started to stick , and became very
innacurate.  It is not in the cable.  I have taken the gague out and have
taken it apart.  All I can see is that when I hold the dial face pointed up,
the needle does not stick.  When I hold the gague perpendicular the neeldle
drags, sticks, and doesn't return.  Know visible point of friction.  In the
car, if I reach behind the gague and move the speedo cable to the right there
is a point that frees up the sticky needle.  When I do this the inner
workings of the speedometer move back and forth inside the case.

Anyone out there with any experience.

Marc
66 B GT (parts car extrodinaire)
74 B roadster (patiently waiting for All State)