All Thumbs

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: All Thumbs
From: Cancola@aol.com
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 1997 00:04:19 -0400 (EDT)
Listers,
         Been a few years since I have replaced ignition points in anything
so my worst nightmare came true yesterday.   After replacing the coil and
curing the miss in the engine, I felt I was on a roll.  Thanks to whoever
mentioned about the coil being a possible reason for the high speed miss.
 You know who you are.  Anyway, the problem now is , the 73 B won't start
after changing points and condenser.  I have since reinstalled the old
condenser, still no start .  I also filed the point surface as someone
mentioned a possible varnish finish on them .
         Don't think there is a short anywhere.  Oh , also new distributor
cap,  I have the gap about .15.  What did I do.  Should I try the old pts.?
 They were seriously pitted, like a moon crater.
                                     Signed stuck in nuetral
                                         Bill in colorado