RE: Rear main seal replacement - 80 B

To: "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Rear main seal replacement - 80 B
From: Joe Peck <jpeck@ixc-comm.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 1997 11:25:03 -0500
> If you're going to go through all that trouble of pulling the engine again,
> replace the rear seal of the engine and the front seal of the tranny. False
> economy not to.

Good point.  But the parts - rear main seal, clutch, throwout bearing,
transmission front cover gasket, seal, and shims -  are all new with
only 5,000 miles since I rebuilt the engine.  I'll go for renewing
both seals and the transmission front cover gasket, since I'll have to
buy the parts ahead of time anyway (I don't really know which seal
has gone bad.  Appears to be the rear main judging from the color of
the oil that's leaked out, but I'm going to both seals on hand anyway)

Now does anyone know where I can purchase these parts in the Austin, Texas?

Cheers,
Joe
'80 B, '79B, looking for a pickup truck :-)----------
Cheers,