Re: batteries to fit MGB's and A's

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: batteries to fit MGB's and A's
From: Craig Wiper <craigw@sonic.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 1997 17:14:41 -0700
At 10:14 AM 4/23/97 -0400, you wrote:
>i have read a few postings about trouble fitting batteries to the MGB
>battery bins (see below).  (MGA owners keep reading).
>
>i am the maker of the custom plastic bins (for moss, vb, trf, etc.) and so
>am very familiar with this issue.
>
>the problem with recommending just any group 26 battery is that they do not
>all have the same exact dimensions, and some manufacturers mold extra
>little tie-down ledges at the base.  thus, some 26's won't fit while others
>will.

Hi. I picked up a Group 26 battery for $39.00 w/$5.00 rebate at Kragen a
couple of weeks ago. When I got it home it would not fit into my battery
hole because it had these extra ledges on the base. So, I got out my trusty
cutting disc, fitted it to my drill and whacked those little ledges off.
Now it fits very snuggly down in that space. The battery sure has a bunch
more power than the dual 6volts did!

Just my 2p worth.

Craig Wiper
craigw@sonic.net