Speedo and Tach cable WARNING

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net, british-cars@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Speedo and Tach cable WARNING
From: Kevin Sullivan <kevins@borris.khoros.unm.edu>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 1997 08:30:24 -0600 (MDT)
It appears that many new speedo and tach cables are defective in that the
square end that goes into the instrument is too long.  When I took my
speedo in to be repaired, they said bring the cable.  I bought new cables
from Moss a year ago and the shop said both of these cables had the
problem and they would fix them (trim to length and dress the end).  They
also said that is probably what messed up my speedo.  They have tried
repeatedly to get the cable suppliers to do something about this.  No
luck.  The too long cable end was also causing my tach to "wind up" so if
you have this problem check the cable.

Kevin Sullivan -- 1960 MGA                kevins@khoral.com
Khoral Research Inc.                      http://www.khoral.com
Albuquerque NM USA