Re: Prepping a B for Hell

To: Steve Gibbons <steve@wyrm.AZTech.Net>
Subject: Re: Prepping a B for Hell
From: James Howard <jdh@sextans.lowell.edu>
Date: Thu, 1 May 1997 10:46:00 -0700 (MST)

Where are you located?

Anyway, I have a 67 MGB/GT, and I used to have a 72 MGB.

The 72 B never overheated.  Even on a 120 degree day in early August in
bumper to bumper stop and go traffic in Phoenix.  Nor on the same day
climbing up I-17 through BumbleBee.

The driver was another matter.  I had a black convertible top.  That
winter, I installed a new white top with a zip out window.  This made it
a lot cooler.  Also, I had replaced the black vinyl upholstry with light
tan cloth.

The 67 B overheats all the time.  The temperature gauge travels up when
going more than 50 mph and when the ambient temperature is over 60F.  I
have tried everything, and decided there is some internal blockage in the
cylinder head.  I will pull it next week.

James Howard (jdh@sextans.lowell.edu)
Flagstaff, Arizona, USA