Re: Am I getting old or what?

To: Stefanie Davis <stefanie@bpe.com>
Subject: Re: Am I getting old or what?
From: Carol <car@texas.net>
Date: Fri, 02 May 1997 00:00:36 -0500
Craig Wiper wrote:

>>Hi. I just had to post this. The other day I needed a starter for my B. I
>>called the local parts store (Kragen). I talked with a parts girl. She
>>asked me what kind of car I needed the starter for. I said, "MGB". She
>>asked what that was! I responded that it was an MG. She asked what that
>>was. I don't know her age, but she had never heard of an MG or an MGB!
>>Amazing!

At 05:36 PM 5/1/97 -0700, Stefanie Davis responded:

>Some girls just don't have a clue, eh?
>;-)

I hope y'all remember last December when I was looking for a socket to
remove the axle nut from the MGA. After Craftsman (Sears), Western Auto
(Sears), and several other suppliers said "Tough luck!," I pulled the nut
out of my pocket at the 2nd Hi-Lo parts store I visited...Last ditch effort...

A young fellow behind the counter didn't have a clue (the nut is 1-63/64").
A young lady, also behind the counter, said "Wait a second." She took the
nut and came back with a 4-wheel-drive socket. It did the job nicely.

.... mentioned lest we get a lopsided ideas about the intelligence or
willingness to help solve a customer's problem about anybody behind a parts
counter!! ;-)

Frankly, I was surprised that a young lady would have a clue about what
might solve the "nut dilemma" myself!!

Carol