Re: engine/head hardware [Midget/A-Series/1275]

To: barneymg@juno.com
Subject: Re: engine/head hardware [Midget/A-Series/1275]
From: dmeadow@juno.com (David C Littlefield)
Date: Fri, 02 May 1997 22:37:56 EDT
Barney:-

For the record, my MGA has studs for the heater valve, which probably
means your bolts are not original.  I remember this well without looking
at the car, 'cause the d*mned thing started leaking on a recent trip, at
night.  I remember the whole experience vividly.

Interesting thing is that I discovered the leak because the car started
missing.  That's because the heater valve is located directly over the
distributor.  When it leaks, the coolant wets the distributor and causes
the car to miss.  Therefore, your car will tell you to pull over before
you lose all your coolant and it overheats!

Engineering design or accident?  You be the judge.

David Littlefield
Houston, TX