Convertible Top vinyl window cleaning

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Convertible Top vinyl window cleaning
From: "Steven A. McGee, Esq." <samesq@pacbell.net>
Date: Fri, 02 May 1997 20:18:59 -0700
Hello all,

        Haven't seen this thread yet, so maybe it's been a while since it was
tossed about.
Any recommendations for cleaning and/or getting rid of the discoloration
(mild) on the vinyl windows in the tops??
        I remember hearing of a trick to use oil from freshly ground peanuts
(no joke) and that this, with a good rubbing, would remove some of the
discoloration.  Has anyone else heard of this, or have I been breathing
too many primer fumes?  I also know that Meguiar's makes a spray product
that supposedly is designed to restore/protect plexiglass and vinyl
windows, and I would like to know if anyone has tried this product.

        I suppose that if I did rub it with the peanut oil I could cover it
with chocolate and make the world's biggest peanut butter cup.

Steve.
'79 Midget, buying stock in Planter's peanuts.
--
|   Steve McGee,
|   Atty. at large
|   samesq@pacbell.net

    "Only if you are unafraid of the truth will you ever find it."