Of the Austin A95 Countryman Station Wagon

To: british-cars@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Of the Austin A95 Countryman Station Wagon
From: drded@ix.netcom.com (David Deutsch)
Date: Mon, 5 May 1997 15:34:19 -0500 (CDT)
Well I just got the history of this car via the previous and original
owner Marland Langley of Langley's Garage, Concord, NH (don't believe
it is there anymore). The car was purchased through Crandall-Hicks Co.
of Boston, Mass. They were Langley's distributor.

It was delivered new to his sister who was traveling in England at the
time, and traveled about 6,000 miles abroad before being returned to
Austin dealer over there and shipped to NY for delivery to Langley's
garage. It was a dealership vehicle and has never been registered in
the USA. Has only used dealer plates while in use. The odometer is said
to have broken several times and the actual mileage is guesstimated at
65,000 to 75,000. Car last driven in 1969 and then in permanent storage
since early 70's. The engine got rusted from sitting but when last
driven was fine- it has never had any engine work done.

So that's the story. He has mailed me a bill of sale with a notary
stamp but my question is how do I register this with out a
registration?

By the way, I have freed the engine by daily doses of penetrating oil
thru the spark plug holes over a 10 day period and then gently pushing
car while in fourth gear. Next step is wire harness replacement
followed by hydralic masters, wheel cylinders and slave cylinder
rebuilds and hose replacements. I then hope to drive a little before
laying up next winter for rust repairs. I have sent some photos to Bob
Allen who is going to scan and have viewable at a website later this
week. He deeply hurt my feelings by telling me his opinion of it.
"Butt-Ugly" were his exact words. I would like at least a second
opinion and would welcome all, once Bob has made it available.

Had enough? Safety Fast, David Deutsch