Re: Midget Tires

To: ecowen@cln.etc.bc.ca
Subject: Re: Midget Tires
From: GOFASTMG@aol.com
Date: Tue, 6 May 1997 12:13:06 -0400 (EDT)

<< Fun game:  hwy speed 100 klicks, so you exit at that speed.  The pickup
 who's been tailgating you follows dutifully along.  Finish the runout,
 and start the turn, still at 100 klicks, and watch the rear view mirror.
 Yah Ho >>
Reminds me of the time I was coming home from Bristol VA, via the twisty
mountain route.  Got behind a local in a SS396 Malibu with the skinny
front/fat rear tires, Jacked up in the ass end, etc. It went like stink in a
straight line but he had to slow to about 25 on the curves.  I finally lost
paitence (of which I have less than a full load) and on the next right
hander, when he went wide, I nipped to the inside and passed. The next
straight was too short for him to repass, so he was forced to stay behind.
Needless to say, he tried to carry my speed into the left hander following
and got caught out by terminal understeer.  The last I saw of him was nose on
the shoulder, copious black marks from panic locked brakes and the driver
yelling something about "(&*^&#*(*) furrin cars"

Rick