Re: Midget Tires

To: Two00mph@aol.com
Subject: Re: Midget Tires
From: Tom Shirley <tshirley@voy.net>
Date: Mon, 26 May 1997 01:41:43 -0400
> My question is... no bosy or suspension clearance problems with the
> Bridgestones?  Did you have to run wheel spacers?

The only time I get any tire rub is in a hard turn with a big bump. And
then it's only a slight rub. Not enough to worry about. (I've checked).

> And, did you (I hope) increase the thickness of the wheel studs....  very
>important, as the increased grip can snap the stock studs.

The studs have been changed out to 7/16" one front and rear. I've been
autocrossing the car and the setup seems to be working OK. I do have a
persistent rear seal leak though. I'm going to replace it soon. Rear
brakes don't work too good with grease on them.

 Tom Shirley
 Sale Creek, TN
 71 MG Midget