Re: Oil Pump prime...

To: Ross MacPherson <arm@unix.infoserve.net>, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Oil Pump prime...
From: Skip Kelsey <kelsey@value.net>
Date: Thu, 08 May 1997 17:01:28 -0700
Ross:

To help prime the oil pump on your TC, Pack it with vaseline. This works
very well. Vaseline is a pure petroleum product, and will blend in with
your motor oil when it warms up. If it is at all possible, pre-pressure oil
the engine, before you turn it over. I make a rube goldberg unit out of an
old pressure tank. I pour in a couple quarts of oil. Then I put in three
quarts in the engine. Put air pressure in the tank. I use 90 psi. Hook a
line onto the oil line at rear of the head.Open the valve on the bottle and
wait for the engine to pre oil. With the valve cover off, you will see oil
comming out the top of the rockers. When the bottle runs out of oil and
spits air, you disconnect the line and reconnect the gauge line. Start the
engine and get instant oil pressure. Bring the RPM up too 1500-2000 RPM,
and run it or drive it for about an hour. Dont let it idle below 1500 RPM
for the first hour. This will set your cam. Good Luck: