Re:Toolin' around during BC Week

To: Healeys@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re:Toolin' around during BC Week
From: Trmgafun@aol.com
Date: Fri, 16 May 1997 07:40:40 -0400 (EDT)
On 5-13-1997 peb3@cornell.edu (Philip E. Barnes wrote:
<<<<<<<<<<When I heard about the planned BCW, I was a bit worried. Whoever
dreamed
this up certainly doesn't live in central New York. Right now it is 45F,
cloudy, windy and spitting rain. Perhaps the weather will improve later in
the week and I'll take the Mistress out for a spin. (I could go over to the
neighbor's house and see if she wants to take her Caterham out to play.)
I'm glad I still have the hardtop on; Spring comes late to these
parts.>>>>>>>>>>>>

Well I live in Northern Indiana and I have to agree that this Spring has not
been the warmest I've seen in recent years, but that hasn't stopped me from
getting my car out and actually I've been enjoying the car so much I forget
about the cold.  Heck, I pass a guy in a M***a heading in the opposite
direction on my way to work in the mornings.  This guy has been driving his
car with the top down since late February.  He wears a down filled ski coat
and I can see his teeth (big smile) from 50 yards away!!  If he can do it we
can certainly do it!!

On 5-13-97 Barry Fox <foxb@macom.com> wrote:
> [...]
So far British Car Week has been a dud here(north central MA)
Drove my TR4A to work yesterday and saw nary a one.  Even took
"the long way" home hoping to spot one, to no avail.  Maybe
things will pick up as the week goes on.<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Hopefully once the word gets out about BCW in the years to come we'll see
more and more LBC's out on the roads during this week.  Hopefully next year
we can get this idea out to more club newsletters and some of the major
magazines.  We need to reach the people who don't own computers.  This idea
seems to have made somewhat of an impact on listers,  we just need to
continue to promote it to the outside world.  I mailed a letter to the BMIHT
last week, to see if they had any interest in helping to promote this idea.
 We'll see what happens.

Scott  Helms
Go to:   http://www.cris.com/~jamiep/BCW.htm   (BCW in caps)