Re: Fiberglass leaf springs

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Fiberglass leaf springs
From: Aron Travis <atravis@spacey.net>
Date: Fri, 16 May 1997 21:54:44 -0700
Robert Allen wrote:
> And finally, I wish some one would come up with a testimonial for the
> fiberglass rear srpings avaiable from British Automotive
> (http://www.mgbmga.com/). They have technical info there
> (http://www.mgbmga.com/price/index.html) and, other than the price of
> entry, I can't see a downside to this setup.

Alot of Corvette nuts really love their fiberglass rear spring. Light
weight, clean and easy installation, longevity. The only down side is
if you're running a hot motor (in the vette) with a hot exhaust, you
can bake the spring which can cause it to delaminate. Wrap your exhaust
if it gets close, but with a MG I don't think that they will run that
hot.
-Aron Travis-
"always in a automotive frenzy"