MG Songs

To: mgs%autox.team.net@aphub.aerojetpd.com
Subject: MG Songs
From: KILE_PAUL@aphub.aerojetpd.com (Paul D Kile)
Date: 19 May 97 16:16:15 PDT
You're not going to believe this, but there is ANOTHER song about
MGB-GTs!  Peter Tork (yes, the ex-Monkee) has put out a solo album
entitles "Stranger Things Have Happened".  He has a song called
"MGB-GT" in which he laments getting rid of his old GT. The song has
sort of a honky-tonk sound to it, and is not as technical as Richard
Thompson's version.

Maybe we need to contact Peter and let him know that he can still own
a GT and have fun with it!

Also, years ago I wrote a song called "The MGB Lament", sung to the
tune of "Yesterday".  We used to raft down the American river
drunkenly singing this ditty:

MGB...
You're not half the car you used to be...
There's a smog pump bolted on to thee,
Oh, woe is me,
MGB.

MGB...
Your new bumpers, how they sicken me...
Since the Feds said you must thicken thee,
Oh, woe is me,
MGB.

Why you go so slow, I don't know, they wouldn't say..
Leyland did some-thing wrong now, and ruined the MG-Bee, ee, ee, ee,

MGB.
Ninety Eight Horsepowr, you used to be,
Sixty Seven now is all I see,
Oh, woe is me,
my MGB,
M-G-B, my MGB!

Cheers, Paul (the Car Care Crooner) Kile

Paul D. Kile

kile_paul@aphub.aerojetpd.com

(916) 355-5162
GenCorp Aerojet