Re: Pulling Engine/Trans=Can't find...

To: Steve Byers <byers@cconnect.net>
Subject: Re: Pulling Engine/Trans=Can't find...
From: "W. R. Gibbons" <gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu>
Date: Tue, 20 May 1997 13:02:51 -0400 (EDT)
On Mon, 19 May 1997, Steve Byers wrote:

[regarding access to the front u-joint on a spridget]

> ground.  I just cleaned it up and made a cover plate.  But after the new
> front U-joint I bought to replace the original showed up with a grease
> fitting installed, I thought the access hole was a good idea. I'm not sure
> how the designers of this configuration thought anybody was supposed to
> lubricate the front U-joint.  Pulling the driveshaft out everytime you want
> to do this is a little much.

There is a rubber plug on the left side of the transmission tunnel, which
you reach from inside the car.  Pull that plug, then roll the car until
the grease fitting is visible.  Voila.  Anyway, don't feel bad.  If you
ever try to r and r the driveshaft, that hole you cut will come in handy.

   W. R. Gibbons  Dept. of Molecular Physiology & Biophysics
                  gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu  (802) 656-8629