Re: Tire PSI

To: sheffield@telos.com
Subject: Re: Tire PSI
From: todd@nutria.nrlssc.navy.mil (Todd Mullins)
Date: Fri, 23 May 1997 10:00:37 -0500 (CDT)
Eddie Sheffield writes:

> Does this hold true for tires and wheels that are bigger/smaller than
> those originally supplied? Obviously the weight and distribution would
> be the same, but would different tire/wheel combinations react to this
> weight distribution differently and require some other PSI to maintain a
> proper patch?

I'm afraid I don't know.  I once read in _european car_ that the optimum
PSI was unrelated to tire/wheel size; IOW, when going to larger wheels
or wider tires, the OEM recommended tire pressures were still valid!

Surely one of our SCCA guys can comment?

--

Todd Mullins
Todd.Mullins@nrlssc.navy.mil    On the lovely Mississippi (USA) Coast

'74 MGB Tourer with 185/70R14s - 32F 37R

That's me at the corner.
That's me at the stoplight,
Losing my transmission...