Re: Overdrive Wrap-Up

To: Tom Wagner - Program Manager <tom.w.wagner@Central.Sun.COM>
Subject: Re: Overdrive Wrap-Up
From: "Christopher M. Delling" <cdelling@ic.net>
Date: Fri, 23 May 1997 12:04:00 -0400
Tom Wagner - Program Manager wrote:

> Chris:
>
> Where did you take your speedometert
> to get it fixed and how or what information
> did you haveto provide to them????
>
> Let me know.
>
> Thanks
>
> Tom Wagner
>
> `67' MGB                        Sun Microsystems
> `63' A.H. Sprite                Sun Service Division - Program Manager
> `71' TR 6                       Phone: 713-964-7068

Tom-

I looked up "Speedometers" in the yellow pages, and found a local shop
that specializes in speedo's, cruise controls, etc.  I took them the
car, which they put on a rolling road, and performed a speed check.
Once they knew the error, they built a gearbox (similar to the right
angle drive on B trannies, which attached to the transmission drive.
The standard cable then plugged right in.  The cost was a little high -
about $130.

Another place on the Moster List does this service mail order.  They are
in Wisconsin if I recall correctly.  They have you drive the car over a
known distance, and record the mileage on the odometer.  Based on the
actual vs. indicated mileages, they recalibrate your speedo - no gearbox
is added to the system.  Price they gave me was about $110 or so.
Sorry, but I don't recall their name, but check the Moster List.

Regards,

Chris Delling