Re: Pondering resurrection of MGB

To: MLishego@aol.com
Subject: Re: Pondering resurrection of MGB
From: "W. R. Gibbons" <gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu>
Date: Fri, 23 May 1997 16:26:38 -0400 (EDT)
On Thu, 22 May 1997 MLishego@aol.com wrote:

> Disregarding the faux-pas, I do have a little advice stemming from my first
> car-work day this season.

> I removed the rear axle, and DIDN'T listen to the Haynes manual, and started
> unbolting things.  As I unbolted the four U-bolts on the axle, the car crahed
> down on top of me.  Fortuneately, there was no engine, gas tank, or rubber
> "safety" bumpers. I was able to pick the car up off myself and crawl out.  If
> I had followed directions, I might not have had the experiance, and next time
> I might not be so lucky.  Back to the rubber MG buggy bumpers.  How safe are

You put the jack stands under the rear axle, then removed the u-bolts that
hold the axle to the springs, and the car crashed down on you?  Is that
it?  I think that represents a failure of systems thinking.

   W. R. Gibbons  Dept. of Molecular Physiology & Biophysics
                  gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu  (802) 656-8629