Re: MGB Heater question

To: Ross MacPherson <arm@unix.infoserve.net>
Subject: Re: MGB Heater question
From: Bud Krueger <bkrueger@ici.net>
Date: Sat, 24 May 1997 18:09:02 -0400
Ross MacPherson wrote:

> At 10:32 AM 5/24/97 -0400, you wrote:
>
> >> Could be Bud.  You know how these youngsters are!  Personally I
> though

> >> de-mister was a cotton cloth, I guess exhaust manifolds could be
> >> called
> >> "heaters", but the one that baffles me is "turn signals" (???)
> >>
> >> Oh if they only knew......
> >>         Ross MacPherson
>
> > Sure Ross,
> >      "Turn-signals" are something like our "left-arm calisthenics"
> >Oops, you're a TC-er. I guess that means "right-arm". What is the
> signal
> >for a left turn from a RHD LBC? The mirror image of a LHD LBC?
> >
> >Bud Krueger
> >LHD TD
> >

> Though I try to avoid heavy traffic as much as possible, when I DO
> have to
> signal my intentions I use the mirror image method.  I'm giving the
> other
> drivers the benefit of the doubt and hoping they'll know what I mean.
> So
> far, so good.  A rewire is in the not too distant future and  will
> include
> addition of those new fangled flashing light thingies and even a fuel
> warning light!  Am I going too modern, you think?
>
> Cheers,
>
>    ___        \______           Ross MacPherson
>   / __ \ __ /       /------|)   arm@unix.infoserve.net
> /  (___)---------/ (___)        Vancouver, BC, Canada
>  1947 MG-TC 3528                1966 MGB-GT

 Ross,
    I must, shamefacedly, admit to having acquired the parts from Jarl
DeBoer over the winter to install that  new-fangled thingy in my TD.
Beware of that fuel-indicator. I finally had to resort to two-part epoxy
to stop mine from leaking. It is now a very permanent part of the fuel
tank.
   I must also admit that I have been looking for an old Arnolt heater.

Bud Krueger
52TD