Re: SU Carb's

To: Skitrigger@aol.com, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: SU Carb's
From: RJohn50603@aol.com
Date: Sat, 24 May 1997 22:39:29 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-05-24 15:53:58 EDT, Skitrigger@aol.com writes:

<< ust finished rebuilding my HIF-4 SU Carbs (new float, needle and seat) and
 remounted them now it doesn't appear that I am getting any gas.  Car won't
 start and when I took the Carb off agin this time there was no gas in the
 bottoms.  Any suggestions on what to do next.
 Thanks
 Bob Triggs
 78 MGB >>

Bob,

Disconnect the fuel supply line from the front carburetor. Stick it into a
pint jar and VERY CAREFULLY, turn on the key for a moment to verify you have
fuel available for the carburetors. If you have fuel, you have not adjusted
the floats properly in the carburetors and will have to take them back off
and open them back up. Do you have a manual or instructions with parts you
bought?

R. Johnson - Dallas

'90 Maine Coon
'79 Midget