Re: Need hardened valve seats?

To: John Middlesworth <jape@email.unc.edu>, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Need hardened valve seats?
From: Skip Kelsey <kelsey@value.net>
Date: Sun, 25 May 1997 08:39:56 -0700
Hello John:

If you are contemplating a valve job at 100k milege. Caution should
prevail. By making the head new again,you will be subjecting the worn lower
end to a lot more stress. It could accelerate the demise of the engine. As
far as the head itself, I would go with at least new exhaust valves,Bronze
guides, and hard seats at least in the exhaust. If you want a perfect job
with balanced valve heights, then go with hard seats all the way across. I
usually do all of this plus setting all of the assembled springs to the
same tension.  Good luck in your venture.

Cheers: