Re: MGB Heater question

To: Ryan Watson <rswatson@nyx.nyx.net>
Subject: Re: MGB Heater question
From: Ross MacPherson <arm@unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Sun, 25 May 1997 10:19:22 -0700
At 08:42 AM 5/25/97 -0600, you wrote:

>I started the whole heater thread and will soon be replacing the valve.
>I figure I'll take this opportunity to flush the cooling system and
>replace the anti-freeze as well. Being in the unique position of being my
>own PO, I know the anti-freeze in there now is older than I care to admit.
>I don't wan't to "go cheap" as you put it, so what anti-freeze should I
> use (or avoid). Or by going cheap do you mean using rain-water as
>suggested in the Haynes Manual?
>
>Ryan
>Watson

Ryan,

Since you've already got everything drained and partialy disassembled why
not go one step further and remove the rad and have it boiled out and
pressure checked?  I've had this done to several LBC's ( the TC just two
weeks ago).  It's not very expensive; boil-out, pressure check and one small
leak repaired and repaint cost me about CDN $65 at a local radiator shop.  A
pretty good investment for the peace of mind it buys.  With new hoses,
clamps and gaskets, checked thermostat and new 50-50 mix it's as good as it
can get.

Cheers,
   ___        \______           Ross MacPherson
  / __ \ __ /       /------|)   arm@unix.infoserve.net
/  (___)---------/ (___)        Vancouver, BC, Canada
 1947 MG-TC 3528                1966 MGB-GT